Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Big Picture...

So.. having a desire to go back to bring a positive sustainable change in India... hmmm... I just threw in two words - sustainability - India... what does that have to do with my life???? Is it just a Desire? Passion? Just Interest? Just maximing a potential opportunity?? Just a thought... so that it will sound cool??? Personal Soul Satisfaction???? what is it??


for those of you who know me... I always want to validate and substantiate what I do - why I do... thats my mode of operation... it just should feel right to me and when I understand it... atleast I would frame my mind around the thought that I understand it... then I will pursue it... and in this case I am in the process of making sure that this is it.. it should be a wanting than just an idea...

Some of my expirements to validate this are very crazy...

I have consciously not prioritized the "small picture stuff" (as I like to call it) when it comes to sustainable living... say for instance using zillions of bottled water... styrofoam cups... not actively engaging in non-profits to offer my service etc etc... I have not prioritized to "not pursue" these currently... I take a lot of crap from my roommates for this though!!

My reasoning is... yes I understand that little drops add up to an ocean... but as much green washing as we all know is going on... I strongly feel that I need to understand the BIG PICTURE!!! what will happen... I mean seriously what really will happen if I dont use a styrofoam cup... how will it affect/effect the planet, how will it change local / global economy... than just blindly following the crowd and saying... "yep it all goes to landfill... so dont do that"... what are the implications...

hence the struggle to understand the big picture...

I am reading a book called "Natural Capitalism" and I feel like I have stepped into this big picture that I am trying to understand... I will keep you folks updated on what I learn!!

No comments: